October 30, 2010

A Picture Says It All~





This is a little bit of what the beginnings of holiday decorating feels like, and probably looks like! Standing around, walking around and wondering.......
Do I have everything?
Did I forget something?
Where is it all going to go?
Is that truck going to be big enough?
Is there going to be enough time?
Do you have 500 of these?
Where was that supposed to be?
WHAT color combination did you want?
How many hours are there in a day again?
How early is early?

As much as holiday decorating is intense I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love holiday decorating, it is non-stop action, creativity, thinking on your feet, fun and breathtaking.......it is what I live for this time of year! Rising to the challenges that I have been given and chosen.

The last few years as we have grown I have done less decorating and more directing.........but this year I plan on decorating more and can't wait. Don't get me wrong directing is just as important as decorating, because holiday decorating is a dance of coordination, organization, time management, trouble shooting and creativity and without excellent directing skills holiday decorating could not be accomplished; not to mention a huge traveling disaster!

I love me a scissor lift and/or a cherry picker!


No comments:

Post a Comment