January 1, 2011

Happy New Year~

Happy New Year and Goodbye 2010!

What a year it has been. I have been blessed with so many opportunites this year to grow my business. I have met new friends, I have put myself out there and offered advice and support, I have met new clients and worked with old clients. I have learned, I have failed BUT most of all I have regained the love of what I do and now know that I wouldn't change it for the world.

I started 2010 feeling like I was headed straight for a brick wall or a straight jacket, I felt like owning my own business was no longer fun and enjoyable, I felt like I was going to explode... and then I tried a few new things, thought that might be what I needed, but quickly realized that what I do is what I am good at. I have earned the experience I have one painful memory at a time, I was a party planner when it wasn't cool. I didn't have blogs or support groups or thousands of planners for inspiration at my finger tips. I started my business before the internet was King. I guess how I really started 2010 was TIRED.............

I no longer am tired of the daily grind of business, no longer tired of working for myself, I no longer want to get a "real" job where somone else is responsible for everything and I am just an employee, I no longer am resting on my laurels and playing it "safe". I am invigorated and ready to take on 2011 with the same zest I had years ago, I am looking forward to creating new opportunities for myself and my business, I am looking forward to being more creative and I am looking forward to working with new friends and increasing my business. I have finally come to the conclusion that to have sustained my business for the last 15 years is AWESOME and to have not burnt out during the last 3 years in these tough economic times is FANTASTIC. That I lived through all the "hobby" comments from my husband and above all am grateful for a business that has sustained my family for the last 3 years when out of the blue my husbands great job no longer existed; thank you economy.


I have met some awesome women this year who have inspired me with their wonderful attitudes and love of a good party. I have seen awesome photos of fabulous parties, I have heard sad stories of other husbands losing their jobs and dreams being squashed, I have watched old friend party planners close their businesses; my heart has smiled and my heart has cried and through it all it has inspired me and I thank each and every one of you who I have met along the way, you are AWESOME!


No comments:

Post a Comment