July 6, 2009

A Fun Weekend

I hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July weekend. I managed to rest a little and just enjoy. Easier said than done since I have 6 Price Quotes sitting on my desk for custom events, that all need to be done asap. Price quotes are the most difficult process about what I do and they can quite literally sap your energy very quickly,but enough about that.

We are lucky that we live in a city that you can still light fireworks yourself, I have to admit I have a little pyromaniac in me when it comes to fireworks I love lighting them. But this year was so different, my youngest son is 14 and he can now light them so I get to sit back and watch. While it was nice not to be bouncing around worrying about who was going to catch who on fire it was also very bittersweet. This was the first 4th of July my daughter wasn't with us, she was off at Nascar with tickets she won.

Chase (my son) and friends
Sitting there watching my son burn money in the street and not having to be in charge of the lighter it gave me a chance to reflect on how crazy my life has become and how quickly time flies. I miss my babies and I miss my stay at home mom days and I miss my children's friends and I miss not having the most decorated house on the block and pulling out all the fun stuff for all the kids to do and, on and on.

Sticking flags in pots was about all I had the time and energy for this year, and I was actually quite proud of myself that I remembered to do that.

My life has become crazy, my business is growing, my days run into each other, I run from event to event, one weekend to the next, one creative idea to the next, and I love it but I also love the way it used to be running from one playdate to the next, one home decorating project to the next, one relaxing moment to the next. I guess this is just one of those times that I am reminded be careful what you wish for and don't forget to continue to create memories along the way. I will find balance but I don't think it will be soon :) .

No comments:

Post a Comment