June 9, 2009

One of those days........

It's cloudy overcast and looking like its going to rain.........they say its going to rain but who knows. I have so much to get done and just can't get motivated, probably going to need a large iced coffee and work late into the night. When I can't get motivated I tend to poke around; organize my computer folders, delete old stuff (you know that stuff you don't think you will ever use again and then a week later you need it), organize my desk, organize my calender, etc....

Then I stumbled on last Summer's vacation photos............I love vacations..............I love roadtrip vacations. Last Summer we did a 2 week road trip up the California and Oregon Coast, it was wonderful, but weird weather. If you happen to notice that we have on the same sweatshirts over and over again, its because we do. Who knew it would be 60 degrees and raining from the moment we crossed the Oregon border.

Road trips are just more relaxing for me, plus it makes packing so much easier, if they [your husband] see you carrying small bags to the car, they dont actually realize that you packed 10 of them until you get to the hotel the first night and with a handy dandy roof rack bag there is no limit to what you can buy! On one road trip I bought a bear carved out of wood, fit in the car nicely! Would have had a hard time getting it on the plane unnoticed!

Sorry didn't mean to change the subject...... I get to spend time with my husband and kids and stop and see whatever we want to see and do and sometimes you just never know what you will see........

like a dinosaur at the side of the road just waiting to have his photo taken with you.............i think everyone has a photo of themselves at some age in front of some giant extinct animal LOL!

a baby black panther that needs his back rubbed...................... what is it with wild animal parks in the middle of nowhere???????????????? {still cool though}

then there are the 1,327 souvenir shops and the weird people in them..........ooops thats my daughter : )..........of course they saved us we had to buy our beautiful coats in one since I never thought to pack jackets to take. Jessica is modeling one right now..............they were perfect waterproof, had a hood and were lined, however my fasionista daughter made sure we looked in every souvenir shop in town just in case they sold them in a better color. Sorry darlin' pink, brown, blue or black. We got one in each color of course! Just easier when grabbing them out of the back of the car, we knew whose was whose.

But then you also get to see things like this...........the back side of water

and this...................... a stream to have a picnic by.................

and this.....................

and this.............. and that is why I love road trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment